baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jun 2008 23:42:54 -0700 (PDT)

Hi Steven,

Wow, this really bites -- i had taken the time
to write a really nice long response to this,
and somehow with a quick set of unwanted keystrokes
i managed to zap it into the ether. Oh well ...
here's my attempt to remember as much of it
as fast as i can ...

> If you wanted to run X on it, I believe there are
> programs for that already.

cool ... got any links?

> I was referring to editing the source code of twin
> to include supporting
> the use of the keyboard for mice movement.

Yes, i know. My skills at C were rudimentary
to begin with, and are rusty now ... but part
of the fun of learning Linux for me is to learn
the C code for the functions that make Linux
do what it does.

I'm extremely interested in the way Linux is
an ever-evolving (on a constant basis, very
different from the big "stage" improvements
of the corporate/proprietary software model)
and community (again, as opposed to the
corporate model) project. Knowing the C code
is the key that unlocks the door to that club.
Sorry about going philosophical ...

> -zmjjmz
> (so we don't end up confused)

I don't get it.

Is "zmjjmz" a graphic? Looks to me like a
pair of beady little eyes, a big nose, and
a huge moustache.

-monz