baslinux - Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL on Toshiba T4800CT
  • Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2008 13:47:09 -0700 (PDT)

> > > monz wrote:
>
> Oh dear ... on my virtal machine of the Toshiba,
> i've downloaded and installed the icewm, x-libs,
> and links2, but i did all that before ever
> starting X. Now when i "startx", it gets hung up
> during the Xsetup, when it asks for A,B,C for
> the video display.
>
> Can i edit some files to get X going now, or
> do i have to start all over again with a fresh
> install of BL?

Silly me ... never mind. All i had to do was
reboot, and the problem went away. Now i can
start either jwm or icewm.

But i still have to switch by editing .xinitrc.
What code can i put in there to get a menu to
choose between the two when i "startx"?

Or perhaps the simple way is to have an argument
after "startx" at the command line?

-monz