baslinux - Re: [BL] TEAC PCMCIA CD drive not working

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] TEAC PCMCIA CD drive not working
  • Date: Mon, 5 May 2008 14:48:29 +0000 (UTC)

Sindi wrote:

when I do insmod tcic.o, I get:
Using tcic.o
insmod: not an ELF file
insmod: Could not load the module: Success

My oh my, there's a classic error message for you.
Take your pick: Failure or Success.

(Note how I deleted everything after the above including the section at the end about Basiclinux, rather than replying to the entire previous posting with a short comment at the very end. All of these emails get archived eventually).

Web research on "insmod: Could not load the module: Success" brought me to a page about a busybox 1.1.1 patch for insmod (but 1.1.0 worked and we have 1.0.1). ???

Try Slackware insmod? Or you can try my 2.4.31 kernel with busybox 1.3.2 (which won't work right with 2.2 kernels).

I assume this is tcic.o from BL3 site. A BL3 posting in the archives (accessed from the BL3, support link, bottom of page) mentioned this message when someone tried to insert source code instead of the actual module. ELF is compiled code.

This module is used for the Databook TCIC-2 host controller family, found in some 486 laptops. Do other pcmcia cards work in your laptop with standard BL3 pcmcia setup?

Did you insmod pcmcia_core.o first?

Please repost your original error message (using standard pcmcia setup without tcic.o). What model is your laptop?

Since the most recent postings are not yet archived, it makes sense to repeat a little info in responses. I deleted previous postings on this subject to save space.