baslinux - Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Basiclinux 3.5 and wireless (ma401).
  • Date: Sun, 27 Apr 2008 11:55:28 +0000

On Sun, Apr 27, 2008 at 2:36 AM, <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org> wrote:
> On Sun, 27 Apr 2008, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
>
> My 2.4.31 kernel uses three modules. I hope he moved the # from the
> longer to the shorter line in config. These modules worked with Linksys
> WPC11 ver 2.5 and 3, and DELL Truemobile non-cardbus cards. DSL linux
> (live CD) uses the same kernel version - if it works with the card, you
> can copy kernel and modules from there, or use mine if you want smaller
> ones from http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31. If the computer won't
> boot from CD, you can make a DSL boot floppy.

re: the files at http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31 -- which ones do I
need?
There are lots of bzimage and bzimag files but which one to use? Also what
about the modules, the one I guess I'd need would be
modules-pcmcia-wireless-431.tgz
but would extra non-pcmcia modules (e.g. for the cdrom, filesystem
etc) be needed?

ljones