baslinux - [BL] Links2, images, fonts and fax

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: "Basic Linux" <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Links2, images, fonts and fax
  • Date: Tue, 25 Mar 2008 11:42:49 -0300

That's Teixeira again with questions:

I've replaced Links-0.95 with Links2 and it looks exactly the same - I
still can't see no images.
Is Links2 really a GRAPHIC browser? If so, what is it missing?

I've downloaded some .tgz files from Slackware 4.0 and the most of them work
fine.
Some of them - mainly graphical software like xv, xpaint, maze and xgames-
complain about missing fonts.
Should I download the xfonts package from Slack' 4?
I need manly latin fonts with accents (a,e,i,o,u acute, grave and
circumflex, c cedil and so on).

I've also downloaded a fax package from Slack' 4, which says I've no
/dev/fax port.
It's true, but is there a way to make it work?

Thanks a lot!
Teixeira