baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Wed, 24 Oct 2007 14:50:16 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Ftpget is usable instead of busybox wget

Really? How exactly do you use ftpget to grab http pages?

> > I often use a wget script to grab a web page containing
> > a steaming-audio URL, strip out the URL and feed it to
> > mplayer.
>
> How?

By grabbing the page and parsing it.

> We are also on dialup, but wget repeatedly failed

I'm on dialup and use wget a lot. It works fine.

> Would ftpget script similarly?

I don't know (I don't use it). Is it possible to
pipe the output from ftpget or does it simply deposit
the file?

> Does 2-floppy BL3 take longer to boot on slower
> computers, because of the need to uncompress the
> .gz and .tgz files?

(1) BL3 was designed to boot a loopfile (not compressed)
or an ext2 partition. The floppy version was an
afterthought and was released several months later.

(2) Booting from floppies will always be slow no matter
how the filesystem is stored.