baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 07:23:00 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> Would one start wget with -c the first time
> or just subsequent times?

Subsequent times.

> This is the only advantage I know of for busybox wget.

There are several other advantages.

> And in my experience busybox wget aborts transfers more
> often than kermit ftp does.

Kermit is too big for BL3.

> There does not seem to be a non-busybox ftpput with
> correct instructions, which makes it rather stupid
> to refuse to fix the broken instructions.

The only reason I put ftpput in BL3 was because of you.
Since you don't like it, I will leave it out next time.

> Anyone doing long transfers is likely to have installed
> BL to hard disk

Really? I often use wget from a minimal BL3.

> and should get the full wget.

Why? The BL3 wget works fine for most purposes.

> For a minimal BL, is wget really needed?

sigh... yes, wget is a really useful utility.

> If both ftpput and wget were omitted

I am happy to omit ftpput. I will not omit wget.

> would it make space for Samir's asm ftp? 26K upx'ed.

As I've said before, I will not be using upx for BL3.

> What does mdir do?

Start ftp, then execute: ? mdir
That will display help for the mdir command