baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Thu, 25 Oct 2007 08:10:53 +1300

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

> I tried piping to pico

You can't pipe to pico or e3. Text editors normally
accept a filename, not a stream of text. Perhaps a
more comprehensive text editor (like vi) can handle
piping?

> Yes fs.img. Which the 2-floppy version presumably
> does not have.

That is correct. fs.img is 20mb (too big to fit on
a floppy) and running a loop file from floppy would
be *very* slow.

> What is the operating speed ratio of 33MHz 486 to 133Mhz pentium?
> I figured 1/4 x 1/2 = 1/8.

bogoMIPs on a 486 DX-33 = 6
bogoMIPs on a Pentium 133 = 53

However, I'm not sure uncompression times are solely
proportional to speed. Subjectively, it takes longer
than that on slower machines. Perhaps RAM is a factor
too? Older computers typically have less RAM and
sometimes that RAM (and/or RAM cache) is significantly
slower than on more up-to-date systems.

> Is there a way to clear programs from buffer?

Reboot the computer.

> upx could be useful in the 20MB loop, on a pentium.

As I've said before, I will not be using UPX for BL3.