baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:26:08 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:10:19 +1000, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>>> I couldn't agree with you more, Ron! How on earth do you script
>>> retrieval of multiple files (perhaps at multiple sites) with those? How
>>> do you mirror a whole website? No way! Wget is an indispensable tool.

>>> /Olle

>> I don't think you can get multiple files with the busybox wget (* is not
>> found).

> No, of course not. As far as I know, no version of WGET will
> recognise wildcard requests.

>> What does busybox wget do which links cannot do?

> For a start, retrieve file(s) over a succession of sessions by
> resuming downloads from the last point reached. For Links, if you try to
> download a file over separate sessions, Links will start again from the
> beginning.

> WGET can also leech a website to any depth you specify, thus
> retrieving the subdirectories and supporting files.

I was wrong. :(
The default WGET in busybox doesn't do any leeching.

> I don't know specifically what busybox-wget can do, because I do not
> use it. I use the full WGET from Slackware (for BL2/BL3) and the DOS
> port while in DOS. But I am sure that "wget --help" at the BL CL will
> tell you what that busybox-wget can do, if that is all you have.

OK, I just checked it in BL3.5. It is a very limited WGET, and
doesn't leech a website. If you want to mirror a site on your hard-drive
you will have to do it the hard way - file by file.

Or you can install the WGET package from Slackware.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com