baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 14:10:19 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Mon, 22 Oct 2007 02:34:52 +0000 (UTC), baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

>>> I cannot agree with that. :(

>>> Wget does more stuff than Links and FTP will ever do.

>>> Regards,
>>> Ron

>> I couldn't agree with you more, Ron! How on earth do you script
>> retrieval of multiple files (perhaps at multiple sites) with those? How
>> do you mirror a whole website? No way! Wget is an indispensable tool.

>> /Olle

> I don't think you can get multiple files with the busybox wget (* is not
> found).

No, of course not. As far as I know, no version of WGET will
recognise wildcard requests.

> What does busybox wget do which links cannot do?

For a start, retrieve file(s) over a succession of sessions by
resuming downloads from the last point reached. For Links, if you try to
download a file over separate sessions, Links will start again from the
beginning.

WGET can also leech a website to any depth you specify, thus
retrieving the subdirectories and supporting files.

I don't know specifically what busybox-wget can do, because I do not
use it. I use the full WGET from Slackware (for BL2/BL3) and the DOS
port while in DOS. But I am sure that "wget --help" at the BL CL will
tell you what that busybox-wget can do, if that is all you have.

Regards,
Ron

Ron Clarke
Tadpole Tunes http://www.tadpoletunes.com