baslinux - Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] busybox 1.01 ftpput help file is wrong
  • Date: Tue, 23 Oct 2007 02:06:50 +0200

As I've said before, I will not be using upx for BL3.
Decide which advantage/disadvantage is more important:

Advantages of UPX:

UPX does not use any additional RAM during decompression.
Total loading time is a bit smaller if UPX-ed program is loaded from hard disk
More space available on hard/ram disk for other programs

Disadvantages of UPX:

Total loading time is bigger if if UPX-ed program is loaded from RAM disk
Command ldd does not show libraries linked with upx-ed program
Ramdisk compressed with gzip results in slightly bigger gz file if upx is used.
I did not verify, but somewhere it is written that UPX-ed programs do not work on 386 computers.