baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:28:57 +0000 (UTC)

I have the drivers and utilities compiled and installed in Knoppix.
I do not need to install a different kernel in my stable, and
mission-critical, BL2.

How much space does knoppix take up even without all the executables
needed to run the tuner?

Knoppix lives on its own partition, about 20 GB. There is plenty of room.
I shall be restricting my efforts to Knoppix, or perhaps Slackware 12 when I
get a round tuit.

Have you considered cloning your stable BL2 to a 1GB partition on your large hard drive, and then booting to it with loadlin using a 2.6 kernel from knoppix, and adding the modules from knoppix, and if needed a later glibc-so?

20GB seems like a lot of space to watch TV from.
Sindi

Regards,
Ron