baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 13:10:27 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sat, 15 Sep 2007 01:41:28 +0000 (UTC)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> >> Maybe a later Slackware kernel and precompiled modules would work?
> >> Slackware 11.0 has 2.6.17.13 kernel.
> >
> > Suse seems to have a 2.6.x kernel, and also seems to have al least some
> > dvb-related modules. So I shall try to compile the driver for this card
> > and see if that works.

Suse refused to compile either the dvb drivers, or the utilities.

Both compiled and installed successfully in Knoppix 4.0.2 which has a
2.6.12 kernel.
I still don't understand how to make it work, though. I guess there must be
a whole process to go through with xawtv before it will find all/any channels.

Much reading of documentation required. I will get there.

Sadly, it seems that BL is not going to be able to run a TV tuner/player.
So I will no longer bother this list with it.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke