baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:50:35 +0000 (UTC)

I installed perl and tried again to compile v4l-dvb

perl is used to configure this makefile.

Execution of scripts/make_makefile.pl aborted due to compilation errors.
In string, @echo now must be written as \@echo at scripts/make_makefile.pl line 148, near "\t@echo"

The first two occurrences in this file were \t\@echo so I hand-edited the file from \t@echo to \t\@echo in case perl 5.60 could not handle this error and a newer one could. I reported this as a bug to the v4l people.

It started to compile.

My screen filled with messages: Requires at least kernel 2.6.12

"The LinuxTv project develops and maintains the DVB driver subsystem which is included in the Linux 2.6.x kernel. The Linux kernel and the LinuxTV CVS include a fair number of drivers for commonly available PCI cards and USB devices, but the DVB subsystem core is also targeted towards Linux based set-top-boxes."

Maybe a later Slackware kernel and precompiled modules would work?
Slackware 11.0 has 2.6.17.13 kernel.

Have you tried a 2.6 kernel linux?

http://www.linuxtv.org/v4lwiki explains a lot about linux TV