baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2007 14:31:31 +0000 (UTC)

Sadly, it seems that BL is not going to be able to run a TV tuner/player. So I will no longer bother this list with it.

BL out of the box does not work with USB storage either, but a kernel upgrade made it work. Once you have the tuner working with Knoppix, try using the same kernel and module and executables in BL (with an upgrade to whatever glibc this requires). Or compile the executables in BL after you upgrade the kernel (and maybe gcc and glibc - you need at least a 2.4 kernel to use the glibc from Slackware 9.1 so you will probably have to continue using the later/larger kernel for everything if you upgrade glibc).

There were no complaints about anything but the kernel version when I configured to compile the module with gcc 2.95.3. and glibc 2.2.5 (Slackware 8.1). Can you add 2.6 kernel source code to BL2?

How much space does knoppix take up even without all the executables needed to run the tuner?

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke