baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2007 13:06:13 +1000

Hi Folks,

On Sun, 16 Sep 2007 17:28:57 +0000 (UTC)
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Have you considered cloning your stable BL2 to a 1GB partition on your
> large hard drive,

:)

My "stable" and mission critical BL2 installation is 32 GB.

> and then booting to it with loadlin using a 2.6 kernel
> from knoppix, and adding the modules from knoppix, and if needed a later
> glibc-so?

No, I haven't considered it.

> 20GB seems like a lot of space to watch TV from.

If it was just for the sake of watching TV, then it would be easier to
just switch on the little digital, portable DVD/TV unit by my right elbow.
Which is what I do when I take a break and want to watch the news, or when my
wife wants to watch something else when the cricket or rugby is on. :)

The TV tuner card was one of the things I specified when I had this
high-end machine built (after receiving an inheritance in cash) specifically
for experimenting with Linux distros. Its purpose is for me to experiment
with a variety of different distros and see what I can get them to do. It is
for learning on, for playing with, for trying things out on, and for fun. It
has a lot of grunt, a Gig of RAM, USB and firewire ports everywhere, even a
matched pair of SATA hard disks, so it should be useful for a long time.

I will continue to play with this machine (in my spare time) learning all
the while (I hope). But now that I have found that BL is not something that
would be able to run a TV tuner card, then it is no longer relevent to this
list, so we should drop the subject now.

Steven, this is my last post on TV tuner cards. Sorry for the drift
off-topic.

Regards,
Ron

--