baslinux - Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Tv tuner with BL ?
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 15:52:26 +0000 (UTC)

You probably need a kernel that will take the
relevant tuner module. I can try to compile you something.

That would be great. Thank you. I haven't a clue how to go about compiling the correct module.

It is mentioned on the makers website, but I don't really understand it.

The card is a FusionHDTV DVB-T Plus Low Profile card from DViCO. It uses a Conexant CX2388x Decoder.

There is a Linux Tutorial: Video, DVD, DVD player, TV and Multimedia (36
pages) and http://www.yolinux.com/TUTORIALS/LinuxTutorialVideo.html

I will have a look at that. Thanks.

See also
http://linuxquestions.org/hcl/showproduct.php?product=3268&cat=all on the DVB-T Plus card.

Said to work very well under linux but not with tvtime, which does not support dvb, only older v4l.

http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb/ for driver

I downloaded the 2.76MB .tar.gz file at 2.1 K/sec.

README says to type 'make' to make both v4l and dvb. I might need to have kernel source code installed (I do).
I need perl (I uninstalled 5.60 - 3000+ files). Later. Work day.
I need /sbin/lsmod. I just linked it to my recent busybox.

There is also a linuxtv-dbd-apps package to make channels.conf which you copy to ~/.xine.
http://www.linuxtv.org/hg/dvb-apps

v4l Video4Linux
What is dvb?

Have you tried watching internet TV? Steven reported on it a while back
and I even got a tiny-screen Russian comedy via modem, using mplayer.

Yes, I did get that to work a bit. My adsl connection is only 256 kb/s so it isn't really fast enough for anything but a tiny resolution.

It is 5 times as fast as my modem at its best on dry days.

Regards,
Ron

--
Ron Clarke