baslinux - Re: [BL] Ghostscript 8.60

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Ghostscript 8.60
  • Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2007 16:53:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 13 Sep 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

I have compiled the latest gs (for deskjet and laserjet printers, and p?m
formats, displays with svp) but it is 9MB. Said to support CUPS.
I will upload if anyone wants it. glibc 2.2.5

This includes ALL of the devices (printers, image formats, etc.), by default. Compiling with only bmp256 produced 6MB file. Hand editing Makefile to include only the drivers I wanted produced this same 6MB file.
I don't know why it is doubled in size. Maybe they built in Chinese fonts? These are now standalone executables by default. No added fonts need, or init files.

The default 8.54 was about 3MB, with many fewer devices.

Both without X ijs jasper and with jbig2dec.