baslinux - [BL] wifi networking

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] wifi networking
  • Date: Sun, 9 Sep 2007 20:55:20

Message from Christof Lange
===========================

Hi list,

there are people who think they really need a fast connection to the
internet and are ready to pay quite unreasonable money for it. There
are others who prefer to use wireless technology that has become
quite usual in Prague, now. A friend of mine borrrowed me a

Avaya Wireless PC Card ETS (Silver)
Lucent Technologies PCE24E-H-ET

that probably can access the internet from Windows98. Will there be
a way to do the same with BasicLinux 3.5? Or with 2.4 kernels and
BL 2? Unfortunately I have no experience with PCMCIA cards, yet.
There seems to be enough information on the web, but I do not
understand, what I have to look for.

Thanks,
Christof

Ceskobratrska cirkev evangelicka - Betlemska kaple na Zizkove
Prokopova 4/216, 130 00 Praha 3, Czech Republic
Tel. (+420) 222 78 06 73 / 222 78 20 02 / 603 18 87 53
http://www.volny.cz/cce.zizkov