baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 19:13:36 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 19 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

I can't find a libnss_dns or libresolv for libc5.
Do they exist?

I doubt it. AFAIK those came in with glibc2.

To use the glibc versions found in SW4.0

Isn't SW4.0 libc5 ?

Yes, but it also includes an early glibc (2.07) as an option.

you will first need to add libc.so.6 (symlinked to
the glibc libc-2.0.7.so from SW4.0) and ld-linux.so.2
(symlinked to the SW4.0 ld-linux, whatever it is called).

This sounds way too complicated. Don't you have a
version of lynx that doesn't need all this rubbish?
You know: pkg lynx.tgz and you're up and running.

The one I compiled needs those two libraries. I don't know about Karolis' version. Maybe he managed to compile static against them with uclibc.

I could package the Slackware 8.1 libc and ld-linux with these other two libraries in about 2MB, if that would help.

Does pkg make the symlinks or only installpkg?