baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 22:48:07 +0000 (UTC)

(About the shell account, was it Keesan?) : thanks for the offer; as
a man who operates a 486 I also don't do electronic payments & would
have difficulty to transfer 1$ to the US or any other place in fact !

I put a $1 bill into an envelope, added address and stamp, and mailed it. One month later they made me a permanent account.

Fortunately I already have a Unix shell account at rootshell.be,
I am unable to access rootshell.be - 'waiting for response'.

A search on rootshell.be said it provides 'Free UNIX Shell Access'.
Maybe it is temporarily down?

I then followed a link to Computer: Internet: Access Providers: Unix Shell Providers: Free Shells.

They list my other free account www.grex.org. No charge, but you need to request email access because we had too any outgoing spammers. OpenBSD.
Grex and M-Net are both in my town.

Denver Colorado nyx.net SunOS shell. telnet (ssh did not work for me)
to nyx.nyx.net. 20MB webspace, lynx, they claim ssh. You need to mail in a validation form to get an account.

www.suburbia.com.au - Debian shells
www.bur.st - Australian users free linux shells

fastshell.host.sk / fastshell.tk (Debian) has 'sponsors' and is
running on 900MHz, 200MHz and 366MHz machines. 10MB quota. 'If
we make more money we will also buy some new hardware'.

There are 4 choices of sponsor represented by gifs such as 1424_055a (1) three of which do not work and one leads to a blank page with lynx.

http:/dir.gigablast.com/Computers/Internet/Access_Providers/Unix-Shell_Providers/Free_Shells/

which I use mainly for hosting my yet meager home page. I'm
mentionning rootshell because the sysop is nice and accounts are free
- might be handy for some readers of this n.l., esp. the newbies like
me, if not to you or the other über-geeks who have been answering me
so far.

Czerno