baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 22:40:35 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 16 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org wrote:

Is there some other distribution that provides
modules for this kernel?

Not that I know of.

There is a 2.2.26 delilinux v.0.6.1. (0.7.X is kernel 2.4.33.3.)
You may need to download a large ISO not individual files.

They would also need to be for the same libc.

Really? That's news to me. AFAIK modules
(and kernels) do not have library dependencies.

The 2.4.31 modules compiled by David Moberg, who is using a later glibc, do not work with the kernels I compiled with an earlier glibc. I can use his kernels together with his modules, with my older glibc, but cannot mix his modules with my kernels. (I did not try the other direction). Maybe he will explain why. I think he said it was because of different glibc used during compilation.

The links in BL3.50 does not do SSL (is there a
links that does?)

Yes.

The delilinux links2 seems to do SSL- does the BL3 links2?