baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 18:07:47 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 15 Jul 2007, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Hi ! Czerno speaking again. Trying to digest the sum of ionformation
which you have been providing, and still finding that hill a steep
climbing.

I now understand I want to download sbpcd.o for my CD-ROM. May be
stupid, I simply don't know the linuxer's way to locate the compiled
module - given I couldn't find it a Steven's or Sindi's sites :-(

Sindi has not compiled any 2.2.26 kernels or modules (not wanting to download the kernel source code via modem).

Steven provided a LOT of them but not all. He compiled at least one other 2.2.26 module when someone requested it. Just ask him for it.

I browsed the internet and found the header .h file - useful to learn
about the module's parameters, but for the sake of me how do you
download the ready made .o file for Kernel 2.2.26 ?

Is there some other distribution that provides modules for this kernel?
They would also need to be for the same libc. Unlikely.

Similarly I could take some more n00bie-friendly instructions how to
download/uncompress?/install Ms. Sindi's SSL-enabled Links package.

Download the package from my site using links from BL3.50 (or from karolis's site but I don't have the URL).

Start links, g for 'goto', http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl, arrow to the file you want, d to download, save to where you want it.

To install a BL3.50 lynx package:
pkg lynx*.tgz

This is lynx not links, and it is karolis's package, which I posted at my site (along with an updated cacert.pem.gz).

Lynx and links are unrelated except for both being text-only browsers. The links in BL3.50 does not do SSL (is there a links that does?) but it does tables and frames, which lynx does not do. I use both, and have set up lynx to use links as a 'downloader'. (That means you can view a site with lynx, and then download the page and view it with links). If Karolis' package does not include my lynx.cfg i t is posted separately at my site, also set up for use with mplayer, zgv, etc.

I was a complete linux newbie a few years ago before starting with BL1, and learned most of what I know by asking tons of questions of list members, which I continue doing.

I know I am abusing your patiences, what could I give back except
a big "thank you" !

--
Czerno