baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Thu, 19 Jul 2007 06:50:49 +1200

Message from Steven
===================
James wrote:

> I agree with Steven that this is way too complicated
> But then so is "piping the output of tar to rm," as
> Steven suggested doing to remove pakcages.

To be fair, what I suggested was:

> you can delete them individually. Or, if there
> are a lot of files, you could pipe the output of
> tar to rm.

Deleting the files individually is not too complicated.
The subsequent sentence (note the use of "could" rather
than "can") was added to suggest an advanced technique
to eliminate the tedium of deleting files individually.

Although the message was in response to a particular
individual (who happens to be a newbie), the answer
was intended to be read by a wider audience. That's
why I do all support via this list -- it enables all
users to benefit from the discussion.