baslinux - Re: [BL] Even more questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Even more questions
  • Date: Wed, 18 Jul 2007 11:31:09 +0200 (CEST)

Hi List! Czerno @ the mike...

1. Steven said :
> You will also need: isofs.o

TY. Hope it is there for the taking,

> For both versions I recommended you install to HD.

Not too much space left on disks for new partition(s). I won't bother
at this point.

2. Sindi wrote :

>>> Karolis's version is 2.8.16. For either version please also
update
>>> cert.pem from cacert.pem.gz at my site

> It will work without it but keep asking you questions about whether
> to proceed without a secure certificate. If you use an outdated
> cert.pem you have to answer questions again for some sites where
the certificate
> is no longer valid.

OK,

>>> You need libresolv and libdns from libc to use lynx online (or
>>> the IP number instead of the name of the site (...)
>>> I should put a note about that

Hmmm, that ends up way too complicated for me at this point. Add that
:

>> Czerno is using the loop file version of BL, which
>> should run out of space fairly quickly once he starts adding
>> extra stuff.

... And I guess I'll be removing the Lynx altogether - can "pkg" undo
and remove the stuff properly ?

> The two library files in question, even glibc versions, are small
> ones.
> 65K libnss_dns and 220K libresolv

But finding and installing them may me over my head ! All of that
before even being able to start to *use* my computer <G>

Cheers

--
Czerno