baslinux - Re: [BL] jwm man page

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jwm man page
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 23:45:46 +0000 (UTC)

Since eznet changes file permissions and cannot be
used by 'user'

I regularly run eznet as a user. It works fine.
And the only time eznet changes file permissions
for me is when I don't terminate it cleanly
(eg pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL while ppp is still up).

one would need to startX and dial as root

No, I startx (as user), bring up the menu and
click on ppp-on.

THANKS!!!

I was careful to hang up before rebooting, and /dev/ttyS1 remained writable by user and I could dial (after inserting the modules as root - but I could put them in rc instead). I wasted hours on this problem.

What was the latest suggestion for starting in X?

tty1::respawn:/bin/sh -sc startx

inittab by default has

tty1::askfirst:-/bin/sh

I changed it to :
tty1::respawn:-/bin/sh -sc startx (with the -) to match and it worked.

What does the -sc do?

If I exit (Ctrl-Alt-Backspace) it leaves me in console mode. I thought respawn was supposed to startx again. I prefer it this way.

My 77MB of linux includes Opera 8.52 and 9.21 Only 61MB without Opera 9.

I changed the menu from # to F3 and Alt-F3 now switches desktops. It did not work with Alt-Shift-3 or Alt-# (# in the keybindings). Is this a bug in the source code (due to someone aiming at F3 and missing?) and if so could you fix the jwm menu?