baslinux - Re: [BL] jwm man page

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] jwm man page
  • Date: Fri, 8 Jun 2007 23:13:51 +0000 (UTC)

The lucent modem in this computer works with BL3.50.

So you solved your problem? What was it?

No idea. I think I did the same exact things on this computer and this time it worked. insmod slhc ppp lt_modem lt_serial, ppp-on (having made the device and edited eznet.conf).

Since eznet changes file permissions and cannot be
used by 'user'

I regularly run eznet as a user. It works fine.
And the only time eznet changes file permissions
for me is when I don't terminate it cleanly
(eg pressing CTRL-ALT-DEL while ppp is still up).

It changes permissions on me whenever I reboot.
I will check this again.

one would need to startX and dial as root

No, I startx (as user), bring up the menu and
click on ppp-on.

What was the latest suggestion for starting in X?

tty1::respawn:/bin/sh -sc startx