baslinux - [BL] Opera 9.21 works on BL3.50

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: [BL] Opera 9.21 works on BL3.50
  • Date: Thu, 07 Jun 2007 11:40:44 +1200

Message from Steven
-------------------
I've just installed Opera 9.21 on BL3. It works!
However it doesn't go in as cleanly as Opera 8
-- you get some nonfatal error messages.
Opera 9 is significantly bigger than Opera 8.
I installed Opera 8 without problem in a 40mb
test partition, but when I did the same thing
with Opera 9, it overflowed the partition and
spit out pages of error messages. However,
once you've installed Opera 9.21 and deleted
all the installation files, it occupires just
28mb -- that includes the BL3 foundation and
the required add-ons (glibc2, misc-libs, x-libs).

So the instructions for installing Opera at
the BasicLinux site still work. There is
no issue with BasicLinux 3.50, there is no
issue with jwm, and (surprisingly) there is
no issue with the latest-and-greatest version
of Opera.

  • [BL] Opera 9.21 works on BL3.50, baslinux, 06/06/2007