baslinux - Re: [BL] Networking question questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Networking question questions
  • Date: Tue, 20 Mar 2007 13:25:06 -0700 (PDT)

Steven-

Poor me, the .old file did not work too.
I am hopeless now. :-(

Thanks,

Ratana

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
Ratana wrote:

> /<#>insmod bcm5700
> Using /lib/modules/2.2.26/misc/bcm5700.o
> insmod: init_module: bcm5700: Device or resource busy

Oh dear, the module isn't working with your card.
That's the error you get when the NIC hardware
does not match module. Perhaps your NIC needs
the newer Broadcom module (tg3)?

It's also possible that there was a problem when
I compiled the module (although I got no errors).
I did find another (older) version of the same
module which I compiled too. You might like to
give that a try and see if you get the same error.
You will find it at the same place as bcm5700.o.
I called it: bcm5700.old

Sorry about the problems with your NIC. Newer
hardware often does not work with BL3 (which
was designed for old hardware).