baslinux - Re: [BL] Networking question questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Networking question questions
  • Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 23:03:14 +0000 (UTC)

On Sun, 18 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

Message from Steven
===================
Sindi wrote:

I tried with 2.2.16 and got lots of warnings
about undeclared, control reaches end of
non-void function, structure has no member,
implicit declaration

Will 2.2.26 compile modules which 2.2.16 won't?

No. I got the same errors you did.

The module compiled perfectly just by typing 'make', for 2.4.31.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/bcm5700.o

If BL3 were installed to loop (in a DOS partition) instead of floppy disk one could try booting it with one of my 2.4.31 kernels and test this module. Just change the boot.bat file to point at not zimage but a different kernel image. Assuming you have a DOS partition.

http://keesan.freeshell.org/bl/2.4.31/ - has several kernels starting with bz ending with 2.4.31 The 'la' for laptops is smallest, for testing with.

You can't use just any 2.4.31 kernel with this module, it has to have been compiled with the same glibc (2.2.5) (or was it the same gcc?).

Does anyone on the list have a DOS partition and the same NIC, to test on?