baslinux - Re: [BL] Networking question questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Networking question questions
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:34:22 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

Thank for a reply Sindi.
Now I am here
http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons/2_2_26/modules/net/
There were a bunch of module and do you know wich one will mach with my exising hardware.

For example if I got a.o file.
First I will do and insmod then what next should I do.

>> Why do you want the source code?
I just want to learn some coding which will help me to improve my knowledge.

Thanks,

Ratana

baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
On Fri, 16 Mar 2007 baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> 1)
> I am a newbie for BL3. I love this software because It is very
> small.
> I put basic linux on floppy and boot up on my PC which is a bit
> modern PC.
> I could not bring up network while doing ifconfig.
> Could s.b please help me to figure out.

You probably need to download and insert the network module for your
network card or chip from:

http://distro.ibiblio.org/pub/linux/distributions/baslinux/add-ons/2_2_26/modules)

> 2)
> If I want to join BL can I get the source code for free?
> Please tell me where?

BL programs all have free source code, which you can find online or
sometimes on a Slackware CD. Why do you want the source code?