baslinux - Re: [BL] Networking question questions

  • From: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Networking question questions
  • Date: Fri, 16 Mar 2007 15:41:41 -0700 (PDT)

Hi All,

02:00.0 Ethernet controller: Broadcom Corporation NetXtreme BCM5721 Gigabit Ethernet (rev 21)
Steven here is the type of my network card.

Thanks,

Ratana
baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org wrote:
Message from Steven
===================
Ratana wrote:

> I could not bring up network while doing ifconfig.
> Could s.b please help me to figure out.

What type of network card is in your computer?
You need to insmod the driver for that card.
Some common drivers (modules) come with BL3,
but there are many more available at the
BasicLinux site. If you tell us what type
of network card you have, we should be able
to tell you the right module to use.

> If I want to join BL can I get the source
> code for free?

Yes.

> Please tell me where?

There is no single location for all the
sourcecode used in BasicLinux. Even I don't
have a complete set (my HD is only 3mb so I
don't have the space to keep everything).
However, everything is publicly available,
somewhere.

If you tell me which executable you are
interested in, I will tell you where to
find the sourcecode.

BTW, several of the executables in BL3 are
ash scripts. You can view that code with
links, less, or an editor.