baslinux - Re: [BL] [maybe OT] new busybox 1.4.1 binary

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] [maybe OT] new busybox 1.4.1 binary
  • Date: Tue, 13 Feb 2007 15:19:42 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, David Moberg wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:
another list member and I are working on compiling busybox 1.4.1

Can you apply this patch before you compile? It's small, and trivial.

http://busybox.net/downloads/fixes-1.4.1/busybox-1.4.1-wgetSEGV.patch

I downloaded all three small patches from this directory with lynx (after wget gave me a 404 error when I tried to get this one patch) and read page 441 of Running Linux 2nd Edition.

patch -p0 < busybox-1.4.1-wgetSEGV.patch
and similarly for the other two (would * have worked?)

It made corrections to one or two files ending in .c, for each patch, in subdirectories of uclibc. If I ran patch again it asked whether to reverse the patches (y) or not (n).

The patches need to be in the same directory as the .bz2 source code, in this case /uclibc/src (uclibc being a symlink to the directory that was created when I unpackaged uClibc-1.4.1).

I am in a talk session with my collaborator about what to do next. Bye.