baslinux - [BL] [maybe OT] new busybox 1.4.1 binary

  • From: "David Moberg" <davidjmoberg AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] [maybe OT] new busybox 1.4.1 binary
  • Date: Mon, 12 Feb 2007 19:47:55 -0800

sindi keesan wrote:
another list member and I are working on compiling busybox 1.4.1

Can you apply this patch before you compile? It's small, and trivial.

http://busybox.net/downloads/fixes-1.4.1/busybox-1.4.1-wgetSEGV.patch

It fixes a SEGV error in wget from 1.4.1. Busybox has a new maintainer
now, and he seems to have the philosophy of "release early, and
release often" so sometimes small issues like this creep in. But the
project is progressing at a very rapid pace. For example, busybox less
now handles regexp and paging properly. It's much smaller than GNU
less, of course, but unfortunately you can't scroll horizontally yet.
Hopefully this will be fixed soon.

There were a couple of other patches there, but they didn't seem
relevant to me. You might check and see if you need any of them.

I'm looking forward to testing this new busybox.

David