baslinux - [BL] Browsers and the Web (was: new busybox 1.4.1 binary)

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Browsers and the Web (was: new busybox 1.4.1 binary)
  • Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2007 23:46:30 +0000

On Sun, Feb 18, 2007 at 12:20:31AM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Feb 2007, David Moberg wrote:
[delete]
> The next project would be lynx (2.8.6rel.4) to replace David's
> 2.8.6dev16 which was rather buggy (could not access a lot of websites).

It's not right to call a web-browser that can't access a lot
websites, "buggy".

Most websites are created to be accessed by the latest MSIE, and
its various clones, which are always changing. And always will
be. That's one of the main ways that M$ maintains control of the
Internet and thus (basically) forces people to use its OS.

And basically forces them to have high-speed connections.

This is a situation that I personally find infuriating.

More and more, as time goes by, if I come upon a website that doesn't
conform to what I have heard called "the magazine standard" (what you
see on the web is what you see if you print out the page) I just move
on.

Or that has a hundred images when one or none would do.

I am not going to be led around by the nose by M$ and those in the linux
world who seemed determined to turn linux into a windows clone.

(Redhat/Suse/Mandrake, etc.)

[delete]

Lee

--