baslinux - Re: [BL] BL3 opera as user 'Preference initialization failure'

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] BL3 opera as user 'Preference initialization failure'
  • Date: Tue, 23 Jan 2007 23:48:26 +0000 (UTC)

On Wed, 24 Jan 2007 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:

sindi keesan wrote:

I will switch if BL3 is incapable of running Opera
as user

It's probably capable (if you get the permissions right),
but I don't recommend it.

It is working. I had to reboot instead of chrooting from BL2 to BL3.
BL3 with 2.2.26 or 2.4.31 disconnects after a few minutes with this external modem, BL2 does not. Same recent pppd.

Someone just wants to do eBay, securely.

If security is an issue, you should not use BL3.

They have ADSL and a firewall - is that not enough?

The options are BL3 or nothing, at the moment, until we diagnose their boot problem.