baslinux - Re: [BL] Automating copying to floppy disk 9

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Automating copying to floppy disk 9
  • Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2007 21:07:48 +0000 (UTC)

On Sat, 20 Jan 2007, Ron Clarke wrote:

Hi Folks,

On Fri, 19 Jan 2007 03:17:35 +0000 (UTC)
sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

Tonight a friend said he could only
format 2GB of his 6GB drive. He is using DOS 6.22.

Slight correction - DOS can only format up to 2 GB - at a time !
With 6 GB, that makes three partitions of 2 GB each. DOS will see them as
c:, d:, e: - no problem.

We ended up deleting existing partitions with fdisk from WinME and making one 6GB partition with this same fdisk (emergency boot disk). He is putting in a second drive with three partitions, and linux is going onto one of them if we have time today. Or into a loop for now. While I work on getting BL3 user to use eznet.conf. Or learn to specify phone number, login and password on the command line. (man pppd?).

Regards,
Ron