baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 17:24:51 +0000 (UTC)

On Thu, 4 Jan 2007, Lee Forrest wrote:

On Thu, Jan 04, 2007 at 09:59:48AM +0100, mikkel meinike wrote:
[delete]
Sox: Can't open output file '/dev/dsp' No such device.

Can anybody help here?

A little. I don't do sound. To create that file, cd to /dev
and do (as root):

mknod dsp c 14 3

I posted a 'mksnddev' that makes all the devices needed for sound. It is not just that one device you need.

But first check if you already have a /dev/dsp .

I get your error message about /dev/dsp if the sound drivers are not installed. Install them all first, or use a kernel designed for sound that has them built in.

Lee