baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad
  • Date: Mon, 8 Jan 2007 17:33:33 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 8 Jan 2007, mikkel meinike wrote:

Thank you Sindi again for all the help now I have some thing to work
with and will return if I get in to problem or solutions. (And for the
Win98 part I know now positively that the driver is not installed
because I reinstalled Win98 on on partition and her it complained that
it could not find that driver). I have a Little question to Volker
Jahns post.

You can find the Win98 driver at driverguide.com (you need to register first with email address and a password). Search on the exact model number of your thinkpad. Virus check any files you download from there.
(We once got a virus that way). If this is an exe or zip file, unpackage before you try installing the driver (it will look for an .inf file).

Maybe it's a PNP problem: The thinkpad bios stuff ( sound and other
things) is enabled by tpctl

What is tpctl is it a setup text file. and if yes where is it located ?

I don't know, but I do know you need to insert the sound modules before going any further.
Sindi

/Mikkel