baslinux - Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad

  • From: "mikkel meinike" <mimeini AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Sound on ThinkPad
  • Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 09:55:47 +0100

Hi guys

Thank you. I really appreciate your help. No bullshit. In my anxious
mind have a little fear that the soundcard cold be broken. I bought
the ThinkPad second hand and in Window98 the soundcard did not work
either but I thought it was a missing driver also here.

Wouldn't this be the first thing to do:

A little. I don't do sound. To create that file, cd to /dev
and do (as root):

mknod dsp c 14 3

[delete]

And then just run the config script once again?

Then if that doesn't make any deference try all the

modprobe'ing and insmod'ing that Sindi talks about.

It will probably take some time before I can report back with any results.

By the way it is the OSS I have in VL3 not ALSA, I forgot to say that

Thanks again

/Mikkel