baslinux - [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg

  • From: lforrestster AT gmail.com
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Ratpoison-Lsof-Par: New Add-ons from David Moberg
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 14:14:25 +0000

David got these to compile for libc5!

http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/ratpoison-1.4.0-i486-libc5.tgz

This is a pretty small X-window manager (4X swm) modeled after
screen. I use it on debian. Is excellent. Almost all keybindings.
Hardly ever have to touch a rodent.

http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/lsof.tgz

Tells you what files are open by every user (human and otherwise)
on your system, and all of the details. Very useful. Like super
top/ps.

http://davidjmoberg.googlepages.com/par.tgz

Par is like fmt, but much more sophisticated. With a good editor
like *vi*, you can call it with a keyboard macro, and unlike fmt,
it deals with ">>" quoted text for mails. Just ace: One keystroke
to format a paragraph or an entire file (different macros).

I do a lot of writing and can't imagine life without it.
Now, thanks to David, I don't.

I haven't tested them, but he hasn't failed yet.

(Except for the time he put the wrong app on his site under
the right name! Sorry, David :-)

Lee

--
BasicLinux: Small is Beautiful