baslinux - Re: [BL] Newbie

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Newbie
  • Date: Tue, 02 Jan 2007 11:52:29 +1300

DAVID IMBERTI wrote:

> The requirement for floppy installation is only 12 MB, right?

12mb of working RAM. It is not unusual to find a DOS
(or early Windows) computer with mis-installed RAM.
Just because the POST test shows 32mb RAM, does not
mean it's actually useable. You need to do a proper
RAM test (using a utility designed for that purpose).

> I used fdimage via DOS as per instructions in the README.

The fact that your two copies of floppy-1 are booting
differently may indicate a problem with the quality of
the floppies. Unlike DOS floppies, the quality of the
floppy-1 must be perfect.

  • Re: [BL] Newbie, DAVID IMBERTI, 01/01/2007
    • Re: [BL] Newbie, 3aoo-cvfd, 01/01/2007