baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 1 Jan 2007 04:25:02 +0000 (UTC)

On Mon, 1 Jan 2007, Ron Clarke wrote:

I found Arachne much more confusing and somewhat buggy.

How long has it been since you last tried Arachne ?

Version 8, a couple of years ago?

I got annoyed when I offered to fix the English, in fact I sent him a file of suggested grammatical corrections and it never got corrected.
Steven aims at perfection.

Arachne is under constant development, and is almost infinately
customisable. The installation wizards all work properly, and the
support from the Arachne mailing list matches what we enjoy on the BL
list.

Bugs are rather few and far between, and are dealt with remarkably
quickly.

Glad to hear it works better now. Does Arachne handle javascript at all yet? SSL? Did the linux version materialize?

Regards,
Ron