baslinux - Re: [BL] etiquette

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] etiquette
  • Date: Fri, 22 Dec 2006 16:31:18 -0800

On Fri, Dec 22, 2006 at 10:59:35PM +0000, sindi keesan wrote:
> I would greatly appreciate if both new and old members could refrain from
> nasty complaints about (1) the style of other people's postings, or (2)
> things that do not work as expected in BL.
>
> (1) In my three year's of experience in this list, nobody has
> intentionally posted information, or requests for information, in a style
> intended to annoy.

Really? What would you call this?:

I have found the problem with some help from people in another list.

BL3 apparently has very limited space, and I filled it.

[Why go to another list? Especially when the answers were posted
on this list before he posted this? I think he is just plain
lying. If not, he can post the URL to the list archive-entry
where he asked that question and received an answer. Then I
will apologize.]

The solution offered is to delete all files and re-install it.

[Not here. Did you ask about BL on one of your cooking lists?]

There is no point in an OS that I can't use to keep the stuff I want.

[He is much too experienced with computers for that to be an honest
statement.]

What a waste of time this has been.

/quote

That's just plain insulting.

And his FIRST post was equally rude:

This is all EXTREMELY disappointing!

Is it true that BasicLinux does work, or is it just another urban
myth?

/quote

After using it for what? An hour? He is not an idiot. Expecting
a specialized distro like this to behave like suse is idiotic.

What's he doing back again after all that?

I'm not going to help the smart-mouthed punk. He can take a hike.

[delete]

Lee

--
Basic Linux: Small is Beautiful