baslinux - Re: [BL] etiquette

  • From: 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] etiquette
  • Date: Thu, 28 Dec 2006 12:37:02 +1300

Greg Mayman wrote:

> Did I say it was in this list? No I did NOT. And what does it
> matter what list it was on?

It matters because you got bad advice. It is not our fault
that some other list gave you bad advice.

> FACT: I installed mc and yabasic. I tried to install some other
> stuff and BL was using 100% of its space.
> Where in the files that came with it does it say this would
> happen?

What? You expect to be told that 25mb of add-ons won't
fit in a 20mb filesystem?

> Where does it say that it is installed in RAM?

It isn't installed in RAM. The ramdisk version runs in RAM.
The DOS version runs from a 20mb loopfile in C:\BASLIN

> Where does it say that I need to install it in its own
> partition on the HDD if I want to use it for doing some
> real work?

You don't need to install it to its own partition to do
real work. I often do real work using the ramdisk version
(which has much less space than the loop version).

However, you won't be able to install 25mb of add-ons
until you have more than 25mb free on your filesystem.

> it has been a valuable lesson, to find out that things
> are never as simple as some people make them out to be.

Who said BasicLinux was simple?