baslinux - Re: [BL] Pmail Basics

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Pmail Basics
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:52:46 +0000 (UTC)

Lee Forrest wrote:
smtp athena.simple.net:leeforrest AT simple.net:xxxxxx

Do you need authorization for smtp?

My notes (which I may have changed since Steven wrote .pmailrc) say to fill in optionally 'reply-to' and password. I have my reply-to on another line (for sdf mail). It is totally unrelated to my email login (for earthlink). If Steven actually wrote the reply-to it should be changed if the line really calls for email login.

-u, --auth
Specifies a pair of authority word, the log-in identity
and the password, seperated by colon (:). They are used
to talking with incoming message server. You can just

Which suggests that it only available for POP.

Lee