baslinux - [BL] Pmail Basics

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: [BL] Pmail Basics
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 00:45:16 -0800

I composed a mail in mbox format and put it
in /root/mail/outbox, and edited /root/.pmailrc
leaving the defaults where they were:

<quote>
bakbox ~/mail/sent
postpone ~/mail/outbox
timeout 90
headmask
# Substitute your details below
#---------------------------------------------#
fetch athena.simple.net:::1::leeforrest AT simple.net:xxxxxx
smtp athena.simple.net:leeforrest AT simple.net:xxxxxx
reply-to leeforrest AT simple.net
</quote>

and tried:

pmail -o
pmail -o /root/mail/outbox
pmail -f /root/mail/outbox -o
pmail -o -f /root/mail/outbox
pmail -o -e pure

And the above with ~/mail/outbox instead of /root/mail/outbox.

And in every case, pmail said something like 'no postponed
specified' and terminated.

It did create copies of /root/mail/outbox and /root/mail/.pmailrc,
though, with "~" appended to the file names.

I searched the archives and couldn't find an answer there.

Anyone got a clue?

Lee

--
Basic Linux: Small is Beautiful