baslinux - Re: [BL] Pmail Basics

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: lforrestster AT gmail.com, BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Pmail Basics
  • Date: Sun, 24 Dec 2006 00:20:01 +0000 (UTC)

I composed a mail in mbox format and put it
in /root/mail/outbox

and tried:

pmail -o
pmail -o /root/mail/outbox
pmail -f /root/mail/outbox -o
pmail -o -f /root/mail/outbox
pmail -o -e pure

And in every case, pmail said something like 'no postponed
specified' and terminated.

Did you try executing "mail" and using it to
format and send the message? Did it work?

I checked the 'mail' program, which I had used to configure my pmail (/root/.pmailrc) and pmail -o works for me if I dial into the same ISP for which I specified as the smtp server. (It will not send otherwise, nor
will the direct telnet mail method work).

my .pmailrc

fetch (not relevant, I don't use pop mail)
smtp stmp.earthlink.net
replyto: (my address here, need not match the above)

your .pmailrc (from Dec. archive)

athena.simple.net:(your email address):(your password)

Have you tried with just the athena.simple.net?
If you are already authenticated by dialing in, do you need to
provide the same info again to simple.net to send mail? Or only
to use pop mail there.

I had some problems with pmail when I installed mutt and it had
a different style of .pmailrc, might have rejected all target addresses
and aborted it.