baslinux - Re: [BL] Help for a newbie

  • From: sindi keesan <keesan AT sdf.lonestar.org>
  • To: baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Help for a newbie
  • Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 14:57:26 +0000 (UTC)

My other computer has W98, but only because I don't have drivers
for any other OS to suit some of the hardware I use.

I still need Win98 for some hardware, such as to set an IP address for a Linksys router. And to upgrade a 1997 USR modem to V90. Or if I wanted to use certain printers.

That is one reason I want Linux, if I can ever get it working.

Advice such as "Don't load too much, or if you do, then destroy
everything you have loaded and start again" is very off-putting.

Nobody here told you that. You could have asked here first.
It is even possible to make the 20MB version any size you want without having a separate linux partition. Such as 100MB so you can load all the add-ons, or 5MB so you can run it from a USB camera (except it ends up being read-write for some unknown reason).

Please help to improve the documentation with specific suggestions. You may have missed something, or it may be missing.

. ,-./\
. / \ from Greg Mayman, in Adelaide, South Australia
. \_,-*_/ "Queen City of The South" 34:55 S 138:36 E
. v