baslinux - Re: [BL] Pmail Basics

  • From: Lee Forrest <lforrestster AT gmail.com>
  • To: BasicLinux List <baslinux AT lists.ibiblio.org>
  • Subject: Re: [BL] Pmail Basics
  • Date: Sat, 23 Dec 2006 12:35:43 -0800

On Sun, Dec 24, 2006 at 05:29:19AM +1300, 3aoo-cvfd AT dea.spamcon.org wrote:
> Lee Forrest wrote:
> >
> > smtp athena.simple.net:leeforrest AT simple.net:xxxxxx
>
> Do you need authorization for smtp?
> I seem to recall someone saying authorization
> for smtp didn't work on BL3. I don't know this
> from personal experience because the smtp server

There is (apparently) basic SMTP authentication with pmail. Why
else would the config file ask for username and and password for
SMTP?

The manpage only refers to authentication for POP, which is
a contradiction.

But may indicate that you are right.

I use basic SMTP auth with my ISP's mailserver with msmtp. But
I've not gotten far enough to see whether pmail's version (if
any) works there.

It just refuses to see the postponed file, which seems
to have adequate permissions. As does the ~/.pmailrc.

"Warning: No postpone message folder specied."

I also tried it from the console, to make sure no X
misconfiguration was causing the problem.

Thanks,

Lee

--
Basic Linux: Small is Beautiful